Thursday, January 1, 2009



Happy New Year! Always on the first day of a new year, my thoughts turn backwards toward the past. Friends made and lost. One friend in paticular, Judy. She was the best friend I've ever had. She died 1 week post op for a brain tumor. She was in her late 40's when this happened. Much too young to die. It's been almost 20 years since she died. I remember the fun we had like it was yesterday. There wasn't anything we wouldn't try. Putting shingles on her house, making new screens, pulling up fences. Whatever the project, we would tackle it together. And have a glorious time doing it. I miss her still. You always knew where you stood with Judy. She was not two-faced. No back stabbing from her. If she didn't like you, she would tell you right to your face. I loved her like a sister. Rest well Judy, see ya when I get there.

No comments: