Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hot, hot, hot

Looking at this picture makes me feel good. I love the mountains. So majestic. And cool looking, temperature wise. I can't see any mountains here but I know they are out there to the west. 

The horses and donks are handling the heat very well. Graze in the cool of the mornings and at night. Afternoons are spent in the run-in by the water tank.  Of course, then I get to clean the run-ins. But I have purchased a little dump trailer for my big lawn mower so cleaning up the poop is easier. I haul the poop out to a bare spot in the pasture and spread it out there. Far from the barn and house. The sun dries it out and soon there will be stuff growing there.  I also use the trailer for hauling around my weed-eater and nippers. I like our gate area to be neat and tidy. I move water tanks around with it too. One of the best purchases I have made.  Have a nice weekend everyone, stay cool and don't forget to fill the water tank, animals and humans.

No comments: