Thursday, August 5, 2010

GOODBYE SWEETHEART

The above photo is of Sweetheart the day we picked her up at a rescue. She was saved from going to slaughter by an online group and we adopted her on January 31st, 2009.  Today, August 5, 2010, we laid her to rest.  I feel she had a stroke yesterday and it progressed further during the night and this morning. The vet came out about 9:30 and she crossed over easily and peacefully.  I talked to her before he got here and told her how much she was loved. I finally sat on her back. I had always planned on a short, bareback ride as she had such a smooth gait (she was TWH) but never did it. She will be buried here on the ranch with a bale of hay, a letter telling her how much she was loved and her picture. Goodbye Sweetheart. You were one in a million. I love you. See you on the other side.

1 comment:

Aero said...

She is still loving you too.