Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I've OD'ed on Cuteness

I can't help it. I'm in love. This little baby has stolen my heart. When I sit down on the ground, she comes up and gives me "nose kisses". Her coat is so long and so soft. I love watching her run and play. It's been over 30 years since I've had a foal to play with and this one will definitely be the last. When we adopted Belle and Dunkey, we knew there was a chance Belle was bred and in the last few months, it became obvious there would be a little one. We call her our "late in life baby". LOL She has started her lessons about having her feet handled. Farrier will be happy!!!! She tries to make noise but her snorts are like a sneeze and her other noise is like EEEwumph. So funny. Right now it is sunny, hot and very windy. She almost got blown over into my lap, I had to catch her! She only weighs about 20-25 lbs. I just want to hug her to pieces but she doesn't like to stand still for too long. Belle is a great mom and takes good care of BJ. She has learned to trust us with the baby. When she thinks BJ has had enough spoiling, she will make her move away and we know to let BJ have some "mom time". Ah, life is good.

1 comment:

Aero said...

And I am a proud aunt!