Saturday, September 19, 2009



As you can see, it's another cool and cloudy day. After feeding, I walked down into the gulch followed by Gary who was followed by Belle, then everyone else. Gary checked fences and I walked back up to stand on a little out-cropping to watch the rest still down in the gulch. Spice followed me up and stood beside me. She left the other horses to be with me, seems she can connect with me but I have trouble connecting with her. I want to work with her as she is supposedly broke to ride and looks like she has a great trot. I'm fighting my own fears of getting back on a horse and Hawk will be the first one I do it with. Spice is bossy with the other horses and donks. Maybe that has something to do with it. She has never offered to hurt me and I'm not afraid of her. But, for some reason, I'm not feeling close with her. Spice is the dark appy in the first photo. The big goof Sonny is the other one. Maybe I need to spend more time with her in the round pen, just her and me. To be continued................

No comments: