Thursday, February 19, 2009



Is spring here?? Do these little guys sleep during winter?? I'll have to do some checking on the net. I saw 2 of them rooting around in a field yesterday. Personally, I think they are cute, strange but cute. We saw one here last Spring. Scooter was amazed, he had the funniest look on his face. His forehead was wrinkled and he looked at me as if to say, "let me out, I want to see what that is!!" Of course I didn't, the dogs must stay inside the backyard fence. I don't believe in letting my dogs run loose. I know, it's the country but still I want my dogs to stay home where they are safe. I have seen another loose dog twice now. It has a red collar on, I'm hoping it belongs to a neighbor and is not a "dumpee" like Jake was. At least this one looks to be in good shape......for now. It's cold again, 22 degrees but should be sunny with calm winds so we will work on getting the tin up on the new run in. Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

One of the strangest things I know about them is they always have identicle quadruplet babies. All from the same egg. I used to live in Texas and found them to be quite the hoot.